By: Michael W. Dong
Volume 27, Issue 8, pp. 415–419
Aug 1, 2014
"The seven faux pas discussed here are common practices in high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) that may no longer make sense because of improved technologies or other changes in modern HPLC. Therefore, careful consideration should be given to alternative approaches.
- Using columns packed with 5-µm particles
- Using 4.6-mm i.d. columns at 1 mL/min
- Filtering HPLC mobile phases
- Using buffered mobile phases
- Preparing fresh reference standard solutions with every assay
- Shaking HPLC sample vials
- Using stainless steel ferrules for column connections"